Monday 4 April 2011

Final Image 1


Here is my first final image. I have used the cartoon strip idea I designed before but have added some slight differences. Firstly, I wanted to give the image a slightly sillier look to it so have made it look like the bomb lands on Einstein's head. I found this amusing. I have also scribbled out their faces as if another graffiti artist has come along and scribbled over the work. Or scribbled their lives out.

I like this image as it fits the silly side to the Banksy style.
I did not want to get overtly political and so have tried to avoid accusations and inflammatory statements. I have also opted to let the image speak for its self without adding text to it.

I have designed this piece with the idea of it being posted up as a poster rather than being sprayed directly to a wall. More like the work of Shepard Farley.

I created the image by taking images, some drawn some acquired and selecting a colour range to create a selection marquee. I then filled it on a new layer to create each block of colour. These were then put together on top of each other to layer up the stencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment