Wednesday 6 April 2011

Easter break!

So the Easter Break is here.

I am again finding myself under a mountain of work. This time I am concentrating on my level design project more than anything else.

I have had a chance to look at some of Banksy's printed work.

This is the classic, iconic Banksy work. It is mainly a very simple single colour stencil but features a much more detailed bunch of flowers.

The piece looks very digital. The crisp lines around the outside make it seem as if it was done simply on a design package like photoshop.









I like this piece a lot. Banksy has used his more typical spray paint style to create the image. Most of his stencil work tends to work well on a block colour background and this is no exception. The splatter paint detail on the floor is nice and I particularly like the way this is more of a traditional graffiti piece with less defined edges and more colour blending to mask the stencil work.

No comments:

Post a Comment